Pregnant and children


Are you pregnant or is your partner expecting a child? We can help you with access to care and with obtaining temporary legal residence in the Netherlands just before and after delivery (this is called postponement of departure on medical grounds).

Did you give birth in the Netherlands? Then the parents, both the father and the mother, have the right to officially recognise the child. If you do not have a passport, this can be challenging. We can help you with that.

We can also provide support in obtaining parental authority over the child. Authority means that parents are permitted to make decisions for the child and are responsible for the upbringing and care of the child.